Spool Winding Trolley
Respool reels without removing them from jack stands.
The BHS Spool Winding Trolley (SWT) saves time and labor in cut-to-length wire distribution applications. Position the unit over a BHS Parallel Reel Payout (PRP), Dyna Reel Platform (DRP), or existing jack stands; an overhead rim drive spins take-up reels of virtually any size to fill them efficiently and safely.
Most spooling and reeling machines (such as the standard Reel-O-Matic* or a Wemco* take-up) require users to remove reels from jack stands for respooling. In contrast, the SWT’s design enables respooling on a wide variety of reel configurations without removing them from stands. Fill cable, wire, and flexible materials directly onto delivery reels without laborious extra steps.
The SWT pays off cables to one or more compartment reels, counting linear footage that passes through a triple-wide encoder wheel. Each revolution pays out 1 foot of cable, ensuring accurate counts, exactly to spec from BIM data; this eliminates waste on every order.
The SWT allows electricians and electrical suppliers to respool reels with multiple conductors in a fraction of the time, reducing ergonomic hazards and providing a dependable ROI. Call our Sales Team at +1 314 423 2075 to learn more about the Spool Winding Trolley and other cut-to-length wire distribution innovations from BHS, Inc.
*Disclaimer: BHS is not affiliated with Reel-O-Matic, and Reel-O-Matic does not endorse or sponsor BHS or BHS products. BHS is not affiliated with Weber Electric Manufacturing Co. (Wemco), and Wemco does not endorse or sponsor BHS or BHS products.
- Overhead rim drive rotates take-up reels while a triple-wide encoder wheel accurately
counts linear footage, eliminating waste
- Pay out multiple cables to multiple compartment reels at once
- Control slide gives operator full control over coiling for the highest possible yield per
- Adjustable-length overhead rollers accommodate a wide range of reel diameters and
- Maximum reel width of 48”
- Ideal for use with any PRP or DRP unit
- Counter 1:1 ratio – one revolution = 1 linear foot of cable
- Counter is angled toward operator for ease of use and is also reversible and resettable
- Dual, 6” diameter, urethane-coated rollers create secure contact with various spool and reel
- Hydraulic-actuated roller arms for powered positioning
- Direct-coupled hydraulic drive motor for reliable performance
- 480V ac / 3ph, 3hp power unit. Other voltages available
- Low-speed for precise control when beginning and finishing spooling
- High-speed to minimize total spooling time
- Push-button spooling controls mounted on cable counter allow complete control of spooling