Walkie Transfer Carriage
The BHS Walkie Transfer Carriage (WTC) is a non-powered battery changer designed for smaller battery fleets. The WTC mounts to the user’s existing pallet truck to change batteries in side-extraction applications.
The WTC comes in three models and offers a dependable and versatile battery changing system at an affordable cost. Its simple design makes maintenance easy, and its heavy-duty construction provides rugged durability in harsh warehouse conditions.
The Walkie Transfer Carriage uses hook-and-chain extraction and comes standard with a hand wheel for positive control of the extractor arm. The large, poly-sleeved and spark-proof rollers on the WTC-24 reduce corrosive build-up and increase product life.
With over a dozen optional features, warehouse managers can customize the Walkie Transfer Carriage to fit perfectly with their lift truck fleet. Drop-in rollers, three-way fork pockets, and permanent mounting are just a few of the many available add-ons.
Boost productivity by customizing a Walkie Transfer Carriage and reducing your change-out times. Contact our sales team at +1 314 423 2075 to find out more about Battery Carts and Carriages or to find a local dealer.
- Heavy-duty construction for added reliability
- Mounts easily to powered pallet truck—consult BHS for pallet truck specifications
- Simple design made for easy maintenance
- Large 2.4” (61 mm) diameter rollers standard
- Hook and chain extraction
- Hand wheel for positive control of the extractor arm
- Spark-proof, poly-sleeved rollers reduce corrosive build-up and extend product life (WTC-24 only)
- Battery Containment Bar encloses compartment to secure battery during transport
- Rubber Bumpers protect the industrial lift truck fleet during battery change-out
- Extractor Arm Latch automatically locks extractor arm in place when retracted
- 7” Cantilever (WTC-CAN-7)
- Extends extractor arm reach an additional 7” (178 mm) and is ideal for use with outriggers
- 7” Cantilever & 6” Extension Bed (WTC-CAN-7-6)*
- 7” (178 mm) additional extractor arm reach is ideal for use with outriggers, and 6” (152 mm) bed extension accommodates longer batteries
- 14” Cantilever & 6” Extension Bed (WTC-CAN-14-6)*
- 14” (356 mm) additional extractor arm reach is ideal for use with outriggers, and 6” (152 mm) bed extension accommodates longer batteries
- 14” Cantilever & 8” Extension Bed (WTC-CAN-14-8)*
- 14” (356 mm) additional extractor arm reach is ideal for use with outriggers, and 8” (203 mm) bed extension accommodates longer batteries
- Uncoated Rollers (WTC-UNCTD)
- Reduces roller height by 0.25” (6 mm) to accommodate low battery compartments (Available on WTC-24 model only)
- Rubber Flap Kit (WTC-RGD)
- Covers chains and sprockets to prevent dirt and debris from accumulating on or around chains and sprockets
- Two-Tier Battery Compartment (WTC-2TIER)*
- Combines two roller compartment levels in one unit, and is ideal for a combination of narrow aisle trucks and counter-balance trucks
- Drop-in Rollers (WTC-DIR)*
- Increases roller height up to 10” (254 mm) to reach battery compartments beyond pallet truck maximum lift, and includes the appropriate staging stand for drop-in rollers, DIR Centering Angle, and DIR Retainer Plate
Note: Recommended when WTC-2TIER is not feasible and extraction from multiple battery compartment heights is required
- Drop-in Roller, Extended (WTC-DIR-LG)*
- Increases roller height up to 10” (254 mm) to reach battery compartments beyond pallet truck maximum lift, and is for use with 6” (152 mm) or 8” (203 mm) bed extension
- Base Elevation (WTC-BSELV)*
- Increases roller height up to 10” (254 mm) to reach battery compartments beyond pallet truck maximum lift
- Low Profile Bolt-in Slide (WTC-LP)*
- Cost effective WTC bolt-in slide option allows roller height to be adjusted 0.88” (22 mm) lower than standard unit
- Fork Pocket/Tongue Kit (WTC-FP-C)
- Designed for applications where a pallet truck can’t be dedicated full time to the battery changing process. Includes a welded Tongue Kit to enhance stability. Standard pallet truck rear-entry of forks.
- Three-Way Fork Pocket (WTC-FP-3)
- Designed for multi-purpose and multi-position. Side-entry fork pockets are designed for use with SDCB lift trucks. Rear-entry fork pockets can also be used with a pallet truck host truck when the bolt-on Tongue Kit is attached.
- Bolt-On Kit (WTC-BLTON)
- Semi-permanent mounting solution when pallet truck is occasionally required for other tasks
- Permanent Mounting (WTC-MPJ)*
- Factory welding to customer-supplied pallet truck
- WTC-24 (24″ Wide Battery Compartment)
- WTC-30 (30″ Wide Battery Compartment)
- WTC-36 (36″ Wide Battery Compartment)